Monday, April 12, 2010

Game 7 - Red Sox v. Twins (@Target)

The bad news: Lester didn't pitch well (again), that line looks downright John Wasdin-esque.

The good news: Big Papi got a hit! I've been reading the comments on stories over at boston.com and there's more than a few fans that are calling for Papi to get benched in favor of Lowell or Hermida, and while I can understand it from a stats point of view, it's hard to admit that Papi might be done since it was just a few years ago that he was the greatest thing to happen to Boston since Tom Brady. I hope he turns it around just a little, so he can at least end his career on a medium note (not even asking for a high note, just not a I-hit-.140-for-two-months-and-got-benched-for-a-guy-that-got-traded-then-returned-back-as-damaged-goods-note. Ortiz deserves better IMO.

Also on the personal good news front, I have both Mauer and Kubel on one of my fantasy league teams, so if anyone is going to rock Lester (who I have on a different fantasy team), might as well be my own guys.

Also good news, Visual Studio 2010 got officially announced today, I'm downloading it as I blog. I've been running the RC candidate at work for the past few weeks and found the UI to be a vast improvement, looks nice and way more responsive. Also, the install experience was good. I'm looking forward to using it for something other than work item tracking and reviewing code :)

No comments:

Post a Comment