Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Game 21 - Red Sox v. Blue Jays (@SkyDome)

Seems that I might be onto something with Buchholz and the throwing strikes analysis I did in a previous post. In tonight's game he had a 0.683 strikes/pitches ratio, his second best number since the start of 2009, and tonight's game was a gem. I'm sure that my picking up Lyle Overbay (who had a big game yesterday) had something to do with it too (jinxed myself!), but nonetheless another strong start from the team's #5 starter (he's actually pitching like the #1 right now).

Something I had meant to write about yesterday, but didn't get to in my hard hitting analysis of Francona's umpire argument style was what a dump the SkyDome looks like these days. Watching the highlights, actually reminds me a bit of watching the Sox play at the old Exhibition Stadium. Watching these highlights from yesterday and tonight, I'm half expecting to hear Ned Martin and Bob Montgomery doing a promo for 'Ask the Manager' on channel 38 in between innings...gripping stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment