Sunday, April 25, 2010

Game 19 - Red Sox v. Orioles (@Fenway)

A sweep against the Orioles would have been nice, but winning 2 out of three (and 4 out of their last 6) at least gives hope that the slide we saw a week ago is coming to an end. Also on the 'good news' side is the upcoming road trip has trips to Toronto and Baltimore, teams that the Red Sox should be beating. If they can manage to go 4-2 over the next 6 that would put then at 12-13, so let's home for a 5-1 road trip that puts them over the .500 mark (hopefully the last time they cross that this year!)

It's also encouraging that I'm actually looking forward to checking the scores again. I was at the park with my family today, chasing my son on his bike and in between shouts of 'look out!' and cringing as he was headed towards a trash can, I found a few spare minutes to check in on the game. This is a big departure from a week ago when the Sox games were more upsetting to me, than hills are to my daughter on her bike.

On a semi-related note, I caught the end of the Celtics/Heat game today, having seen the scores over the past 2 games and wanting to see if the Celtics did indeed have the look of a champion (as at least some of my friends have described them). Well hard to say they're championship caliber when they miss easy opportunities in the last 2 minutes to score 7 points (3 missed free throws by Ray Allen, 2 missed free throws by Garnett and Rondo missing a total gimme layup). Let's hope the Celtics close it out in 5 so they get some downtime before round two.

No comments:

Post a Comment