Saturday, April 10, 2010

Game 5 - Red Sox v. Royals (@Kauffman)

I just watched the highlight of Jeremy Hermida taking Gil Meche deep, man those short clips can make any guy look like a hall of famer. Check out the sweet swing from Hermida (and yeah, I heard Remy say it was a hanging curve ball, but come on...he pasted that thing!).

I followed a little of the game on MLB's gameday before dinner tonight, seems like Beckett was better, but then again who wouldn't be better after going from the Yankees lineup to the Royals lineup. The 105 pitches + 71 for strikes is decent, but would have liked to see more than the 4k's against the Royals, but since MLB.com just told me that the Royals actually finished middle of the pack last year in team strikeouts, maybe they aren't as much of a bunch of free swingers as I thought.

The Sox also didn't have their 'A' lineup in there tonight (with Varitek catching, Hermida in LF and Lowell at 3B), but still got 8 runs on the board against Greinke + bullpen. It will be interesting to see if Varitek becomes a personal catcher for Beckett. Since I have Beckett in both of my fantasy leagues, I'll take whatever I can get to get max value out of him this year, oh, and yeah, if he wins some games for the Sox that would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment