Monday, May 3, 2010

Game 26 - Red Sox v. Angels (@Fenway)

Call me cynical (I am a Red Sox fan afterall), but while tonight's game was an obvious improvement over what we saw in Baltimore, I'm not buying in yet. Why? Well for one, Joe Saunders has been pretty horrible so far this year, so while clubbing him is the thing that good teams should do, it's not exactly a major accomplishment either. Also, while Clay did get the W (good for my fantasy league team too!), he slipped back a bit on his strike efficiency (I'm really starting to like this stat to evaluate his starts). For the night, only 0.596% of his pitches went for strikes, which is below that 0.6ish number that is looking increasingly like the mark he needs to hit to have a good start (his other numbers for the night were 5 2/3IP, 8H 4ER 3BB and only 2K).

And what's the deal with Adrian Beltre, who committed his 6th error of the season tonight? Living in Seattle I saw a little of Beltre over the last few years (not that I'm anti-Mariners or anything, but they're broadcasting crew is just lame, especially Dave Sims, the guy is just a rah rah knucklehead if you ask me, not that you did of course), and while what little I saw was good defense, I never saw the kind of stand out defense that we all heard about after he signed with the Red Sox.

But don't listen to me, here's espn's resident knucklehead with his deep analysis (they need to pitch better, hit better and field better):

Tim Kurkjian on what the Red Sox need to do.

Uh, thanks Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment