Monday, June 7, 2010

Games 57, 58 & 59 - Red Sox v. Orioles + Indians (@Camden + Jacobs)

After my 3 game hiatus (without a good reason other than tired, daughter's ballet recital and just catching up today), the Red Sox find themselves 4 games out of first and 2 games behind the Yankees for the Wild Card.

They closed out May with the second best winning percentage (.621) in the AL, only behind Toronto.

So far in June (and yes, it's very early), they have the second best winning percentage in the AL (.714), only behind the Angels. And maybe just as importantly, they're the best team in baseball in run differential so far at +25.

They're first in runs scored in June (also now first for the season!), and only 17th in the majors in team ERA. I'm pretty surprised by both of these since its felt like quite a few relatively close games, or at least shutouts. But I guess those games against the A's to start the month skewed the numbers a bit higher than my brain thought they would be.

I admit this is a pretty boring stretch of games (against not good, or even interesting teams), so it's a bit hard to motivate myself to write about the games one way or another. Maybe I need a no-hitter to get me going...

No comments:

Post a Comment