Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Game 53 - Red Sox v. A's (@Fenway)

When does John Lackey stop sucking?

Sure he got the win tonight, but he gave up 4 runs and 12 hits against the 4th worst offense in the AL, that's hardly a great start from the guy the Red Sox gave a huge contract to in the offseason.

Thanks to some experiences at work over the past few days, I'm seeing alot of things through corporate tainted glasses, including the Red Sox. For example, I have a couple of developers on my team that need new hardware to start work on a new project. Seems simple enough right? I asked about getting the hardware about 2 weeks ago, and even offered to stroll to the store down the street to buy the machines and bring them back. For some reason (that I'm still not entirely clear on), this was frowned upon so I went through the proper channels figuring that it can't take much more than a week to get the machines since I could order them myself and get them about that fast.

Well it's now 2 weeks later and we're still without the hardware. When I asked for a status update early last week, I was told they had been shipped and was given a tracking number to track the package with UPS. The UPS tracking site showed that they were on the truck for delivery that day, so I figured about 2 more days (since my employer has a rather large mail system) to get to my office.

It's now 1 week after that, and we're still without the hardware. When I emailed the mail services team about it today, they (very politely replied), that it had been delivered to the building, and signed for by someone on my admins behalf. So I sent an email to the person who signed, and my admin to see if the hardware had arrived.

They don't have it.

So I've now spent 2+ weeks waiting for this #$%!^ hardware that I could have just gone down to the store to get 2 weeks ago.

How does this relate to the Red Sox.....actually, hell if I know, I'm just too pissed off about this hardware order (and the incredibly inefficiencies that it exposes in my company's process, and to some degree culture) to write about the baseball game tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment